Below is a 21 Tweet salute to the freedom my daughter Ashli gave me on her birthday 6 years ago.
I just copied the tweets from my Twitter page (@dstarwriter59) and posted.
(hence the time stamps)
*warning* *highly transparent*
- This time 6 years ago, I was in labor at Crawford Long Hospital…8 hours in… 40 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- I cant help but get super emo around Ash’s b’day man. My life was HELL when I brought her into this earth.
- I’ll never forget when I was in labor, pushing this 8 lb baby out, her dad says to me, “hurry up — I’m hungry as hell.” 31 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- Ashli endured months of “abuse” while incubating… her dad beat my ass, choked me, threw me around all the way up to my 9th month.
38 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- The night before my baby shower, he choked me. Scratched my face up with his nails. Had to go to the shower like that. Embarrassed. 26 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- So whenever Ashli’s birthday comes around I’m like GOOD LORD! Thank you for this girl. She saved my life. Gave me a way out. 26 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- I remember when I finally got the strength to leave. And the strength to ask God to make that negro disappear. 20 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- My only request to God was to not kill him. Don’t take him out the earth. Just make his ass disappear. I wasn’t strong enough to say no. #love 19 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- When I found a job and got my own place in August ’05, I was still messing with this fool, of course. 18 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- September, I stepped foot in church for the first time in months. I could barely make it through the front door. I collapsed at the alter. 18 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- I knew that, after all the abuse, the custody battles (long story), and anguish, I had to cut all ties. I just didn’t know how. 17 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- That’s when I asked God to make him disappear. At the alter. God, just make him dis. a. ppear. 16 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- The following week, he calls me and says, “come get your shit out this apartment. I’m going back to Memphis.” I haven’t seen him since. 16 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- God heard my desperation. I was thankful. My womanly heart wasn’t brave enough. He was. He cared. 15 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- Whew lawd. 12 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- And now, on the 6th year of this child’s birth, God has turned things in my favor in a way I never imagined,a way I never thought I deserved 11 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- There’s a man in my corner who literally is my piece of God in the flesh. There’s this publishing company I own. A book I published. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- There’s this sorority I love, these friends and family I adore, this ministry I have that, 6 years ago didn’t exist. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- And for that, I am thankful. 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- And in the voice of Biggie, if you don’t know, now you know, you know… #fin 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck
On the Chase,