21 Tweet Salute.

Below is a 21 Tweet salute to the freedom my daughter Ashli gave me on her birthday 6 years ago.
I just copied the tweets from my Twitter page (@dstarwriter59) and posted.
(hence the time stamps)

*warning* *highly transparent*

Read on.

1. This time 6 years ago, I was in labor at Crawford Long Hospital…8 hours in… 40 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  2. I cant help but get super emo around Ash’s b’day man. My life was HELL when I brought her into this earth.
  3. I’ll never forget when I was in labor, pushing this 8 lb baby out, her dad says to me, “hurry up — I’m hungry as hell.” 31 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  4. Ashli endured months of “abuse” while incubating… her dad beat my ass, choked me, threw me around all the way up to my 9th month.
    38 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  5. The night before my baby shower, he choked me. Scratched my face up with his nails. Had to go to the shower like that. Embarrassed. 26 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  6. So whenever Ashli’s birthday comes around I’m like GOOD LORD! Thank you for this girl. She saved my life. Gave me a way out. 26 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  7. I remember when I finally got the strength to leave. And the strength to ask God to make that negro disappear. 20 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  8. My only request to God was to not kill him. Don’t take him out the earth. Just make his ass disappear. I wasn’t strong enough to say no. #love 19 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  9. When I found a job and got my own place in August ’05, I was still messing with this fool, of course. 18 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  10. September, I stepped foot in church for the first time in months. I could barely make it through the front door. I collapsed at the alter. 18 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  11. I knew that, after all the abuse, the custody battles (long story), and anguish, I had to cut all ties. I just didn’t know how. 17 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  12. That’s when I asked God to make him disappear. At the alter. God, just make him dis. a. ppear. 16 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  13. The following week, he calls me and says, “come get your shit out this apartment. I’m going back to Memphis.” I haven’t seen him since. 16 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  14. God heard my desperation. I was thankful. My womanly heart wasn’t brave enough. He was. He cared. 15 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  15. Whew lawd. 12 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  16. And now, on the 6th year of this child’s birth, God has turned things in my favor in a way I never imagined,a way I never thought I deserved 11 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  17. There’s a man in my corner who literally is my piece of God in the flesh. There’s this publishing company I own. A book I published. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  18. There’s this sorority I love, these friends and family I adore, this ministry I have that, 6 years ago didn’t exist. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  19. And for that, I am thankful. 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  20. THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck
  21. And in the voice of Biggie, if you don’t know, now you know, you know… #fin 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

On the Chase,

Alisha L.

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “21 Tweet Salute.

1. D.A says:

Such a sad beginning but a true act of God to set u free and enable you to shine like the star u are.. May she break barriers as u have….

2. Pingback: World Spinner